FlowframTk is a vector graphics application written in Java that replaces jpgfdraw. (Essentially, the code from jpgfdraw was refactored, new features were added, and the name was changed.)
You can use FlowframTk to:
- Construct shapes using lines, moves and cubic Bézier segments.
- Edit shapes by changing the defining control points.
- Add symmetry to shapes.
- Convert shapes into rotational, scaled or spiral patterns
- Incorporate text and bitmap images (for annotation and background effects).
- Display text along a shape.
- Extract the parameters for TeX's \parshape command and for \shapepar.
- Construct frames for use with the flowfram package and export as a class or package.
- Pictures can be saved in FlowframTk's native open binary format
or native open ascii format or can be exported as:
- a pgfpicture environment for use in LaTeX documents with the pgf package;
- a complete single-paged LaTeX document that contains the pgf image code;
- a LaTeX package or class based on the flowfram package;
- a PNG image file;
- a PostScript file;
- a PDF image file;
- a scalable vector graphics (SVG) image file.
- Alternative text can be specified to use when exporting to a LaTeX file.
- Mappings can be used to specify what LaTeX font declarations should be used when exporting to a LaTeX file.
- Accompanying Applications:
- A lightweight jdr/ajr image viewer
- A suite of command line converters
|Requirements:||Java Runtime Environment (At least Java 7)|
|Languages:||Resources: en-GB, en-US and zh. Manual: en-GB and en-US.|
The export to LaTeX file functions use low-level pgf basic layer commands, which aren't particularly easy to read but are faster to compile than the higher-level commands that require extra processing to parse the syntax and perform additional calculations. The primary purpose of FlowframTK is to provide a graphical interface that can generate complicated code that's hard to write manually.
- Make sure you have at least version 7 of the Java Runtime Environment (Get Java).
Download the flowframtk installer file flowframtk-0.8.5-installer.jarA new bug has appeared in v0.8.5. Please download v0.8.4 below instead.
Run the flowframtk installer file to install flowframtk. If your operating system
associates jar files with java, you may be able to run
it by double-clicking on its icon. Otherwise you can run it from
a terminal or command prompt using:
java -jar flowframtk-0.8.5-installer.jarIf that doesn't work try looking at how to run a .jar file.
- Flowframtk Manual (HTML)
- Download flowframtk manual (PDF) (9.9M).
- flowframtk FAQ
- Download jdrview manual (PDF) (106K).
- Download jdrutils manual (PDF) (160K).
|flowframtk-0.8.4-installer.jar ( 34M)||flowframtk-0.8.4-src.zip ( 14M)|
|flowframtk-0.8.2-installer.jar ( 38M)||flowframtk-0.8.2-src.zip ( 14M)|
|flowframtk-0.8.1-installer.jar ( 37M)||flowframtk-0.8.1-src.zip ( 14M)|
|flowframtk-0.8-installer.jar ( 37M)||flowframtk-0.8-src.zip ( 14M)|
|flowframtk-0.7-installer.jar ( 40M)||flowframtk-0.7-src.zip ( 13M)|
|jpgfdraw-0.5.6b-setup.exe ( 40M) or jpgfdraw-0.5.6b.zip ( 20M)||jpgfdraw-0.5.6b-src.zip ( 19M)|