bib2gls is a Java command line application that can be used with the glossaries-extra package as an alternative indexing tool where data is provided in a .bib file.
DatatoolTk is a Java application that can be used to edit
database files that use datatool’s internal
format. It can also be used to import data from CSV files, SQL
databases and TeX files that can be loaded using
\loadallproblems. The application can be run in batch
or GUI mode.
FlowframTk (formerly called JpgfDraw) is a vector graphics application written. You can use FlowframTk to:
- Construct shapes using lines, moves and cubic Bézier segments.
- Edit shapes by changing the defining control points.
- Add symmetry to shapes.
- Convert shapes into rotational, scaled or spiral patterns
- Incorporate text and bitmap images (for annotation and background effects).
- Display text along a shape.
- Extract the parameters for TeX's \parshape command and for \shapepar (defined in the shapepar package).
- Construct frames for use with the flowfram package.
- Pictures can be saved in FlowframTk's native open binary format
or native open ascii format (AJR) or can be exported as:
- a pgfpicture environment for use in LaTeX documents with the pgf package
- a LaTeX2e package based on the flowfram package
- an encapsulated postscript (EPS) file
- a PNG image file
- a scalable vector graphics (SVG) image file
- Alternative text can be specified to use when exporting to a LaTeX file (e.g. if the text contains symbols or if it should be set in maths mode).
- Mappings can be used to specify what LaTeX font declarations should be used when exporting to a LaTeX file.
- Accompanying Applications:
- A lightweight jdr/ajr image viewer
- A suite of command line converters
MakeGlossariesGUI is a Java GUI alternative to the makeglossaries Perl script supplied by the glossaries package. It can also be used as a diagnostic tool when there are problems with the document glossaries.
Note that if you are opting to use MakeGlossariesGUI because you don't want to install Perl, then you are limiting yourself to makeindex as xindy also requires Perl. See also Incorporating makeglossaries or makeglossaries-lite or bib2gls into the document build.
Jmakepdfx is a Java GUI that uses GhostScript to convert PDF files to PDF/X.
A set of applications provided for using in Computer Science schools to help students prepare their programming assignments for submission.
Dress the Teddy