LaTeX for Administrative Work
|Author:||Nicola L. C. Talbot|
|Series:||Dickimaw LaTeX Series|
|Date:||30th September 2015|
|Licence:||GNU Free Documentation License (GNU FDL)|
|Review:||TUGboat, Volume 37 (2016), No. 1|
Available Formats(The line and page breaking has been optimize for the paperback version, so the A4 and screen PDFs have some overfull lines.)
- Paperback (RRP £21.99)
- ISBN 978-1-909440-07-4. Available from the Dickimaw Books Store (at a discounted price) or order through your favourite book seller. ERRATA.
- HTML (free)
- The HTML version mostly uses object instead of img tags for the images to provide more detailed descriptive text for screen readers or text-only browsers.
- A4 PDF (free)
- PDF version with hyperlinks (file size 16M).
- 12.8cm x 9.6cm PDF (free)
- Landscape PDF version for on-line viewing with hyperlinks (file size 18M).
About the BookThis book is aimed at people who want to use LaTeX for administrative work, such as writing correspondence, performing repetitive tasks or typesetting problem sheets or exam papers. It assumes some familiarity with LaTeX and covers some medium to advanced commands.
- Managing data including:
- Typesetting a CV
- Official documents (minutes, memos, confidentiality and numbered paragraphs)
- Dates and times
- Assignments and Examinations
- Business cards, flyers and leaflets
- Forms (see also Writing a LaTeX Class File to Produce a Form)
- Collaborating on Documents
Source CodeThe source code for the entire book can be downloaded as a zip file (file size 81M). Note that the code is extremely complicated in order to create the various different formats (paperback, A4 PDF, screen PDF and HTML). See the source README file for further details.
The source code was compiled with TeX Live 2014. TeX Live 2015 seems to throw some of the page formatting out of whack. I haven't been able to work out why or which package update has caused this. (I haven't made any recent changes to the flowfram package, but it's possible that some other package that adjusts the output routine may have introduced a conflict.)
Last modified: 2017-02-07.
The free resources on this site are funded by book sales, not by adverts. If you would like to help keep this site free of annoying third-party ads, please consider buying a book.