FlowframTk is a vector graphics application written in Java that replaces jpgfdraw. (Essentially, the code from jpgfdraw was refactored, new features were added, and the name was changed.)
You can use FlowframTk to:
- Construct shapes using lines, moves and cubic Bézier segments.
- Edit shapes by changing the defining control points.
- Add symmetry to shapes.
- Convert shapes into rotational, scaled or spiral patterns
- Incorporate text and bitmap images (for annotation and background effects).
- Display text along a shape.
- Extract the parameters for TeX's \parshape command and for \shapepar.
- Construct frames for use with the flowfram package and export as a class or package.
- Pictures can be saved in FlowframTk's native open binary format
or native open ascii format or can be exported as:
- a pgfpicture environment for use in LaTeX documents with the pgf package;
- a complete single-paged LaTeX document that contains the pgf image code;
- a LaTeX package or class based on the flowfram package;
- a PNG image file;
- a PostScript file;
- a PDF image file;
- a scalable vector graphics (SVG) image file.
- Alternative text can be specified to use when exporting to a LaTeX file.
- Mappings can be used to specify what LaTeX font declarations should be used when exporting to a LaTeX file.
- Accompanying Applications:
- A lightweight jdr/ajr image viewer
- A suite of command line converters
|Requirements:||Java Runtime Environment (At least Java 7)|
|Languages:||Resources: en-GB, en-US and zh. Manual: en-GB and en-US.|
The export to LaTeX file functions use low-level pgf basic layer commands, which aren't particularly easy to read but are faster to compile than the higher-level commands that require extra processing to parse the syntax and perform additional calculations. The primary purpose of FlowframTK is to provide a graphical interface that can generate complicated code that's hard to write manually.
- Make sure you have at least version 8 of the Java Runtime Environment (Get Java).
- Download the flowframtk installer file flowframtk-0.8.4-installer.jar
Run the flowframtk installer file to install flowframtk. If your operating system
associates jar files with java, you may be able to run
it by double-clicking on its icon. Otherwise you can run it from
a terminal or command prompt using:
java -jar flowframtk-0.8.4-installer.jarIf that doesn't work try looking at how to run a .jar file.
- Flowframtk Manual (HTML)
- Download flowframtk manual (PDF) (9.9M).
- flowframtk FAQ
- Download jdrview manual (PDF) (106K).
- Download jdrutils manual (PDF) (160K).
|flowframtk-0.8.2-installer.jar ( 38M)||flowframtk-0.8.2-src.zip ( 14M)|
|flowframtk-0.8.1-installer.jar ( 37M)||flowframtk-0.8.1-src.zip ( 14M)|
|flowframtk-0.8-installer.jar ( 37M)||flowframtk-0.8-src.zip ( 14M)|
|flowframtk-0.7-installer.jar ( 40M)||flowframtk-0.7-src.zip ( 13M)|
|jpgfdraw-0.5.6b-setup.exe ( 40M) or jpgfdraw-0.5.6b.zip ( 20M)||jpgfdraw-0.5.6b-src.zip ( 19M)|
Last modified: 2017-03-21.
The free resources on this site are funded by book sales, not by adverts. If you would like to help keep this site free of annoying third-party ads, please consider buying a book.